As I was developing the motifs for the illicium blanket, I used several increases for their decorative options; some of what worked surprised me! So I started a project to catalog double increases (that worked around a single stitch, not between stitches like a double yarn over) Then Naomi from String Geekery recommended some increases I hadn’t thought about, so I added some more swatches. I’ve so far looked individually at
- K1, kb, pick up the stitch again and k1, the yellow swatch.
- K1, p1, k1 in one stitch, or p1, k1, p1 in one stitch, the orange swatch.
- k, over, k, or p, over, p: a tutorial The Green/Gold/Medicinal Honey swatch.
- LLI, K1, RLI, and RLI, K1, LLI, a tutorial, the Brown Swatches.
- The Christmas Tree Increase with two loops, The grey swatch
- Kb, k, pick up the bar increase and knit it twisted, or p1b, p1, pick up the strand between the sts and purl it twisted; a tutorial the white swatch.
- M1r, k1, m1L and m1L, k1, m1r; a tutorial the dark green swatches.
If you are wanting to see a comparison of decreases: